Saturday, April 24, 2010

Pickens County Museum Juried Art Exhibit



Tonight was the opening of the annual juried art show at the Pickens Museum of Art & History. There were four fiber art pieces juried into the show. Our area in the western part of SC is very receptive to fiber art.

This particular museum held an exhibit about ten years ago of my fiber art group "Focus Fiber Art" so fiber is not new to them.

Many areas of the country are not as progressive and we are thankful to have the curators in our area who are front runners.

There were a lot of portraits represented in this exhibit, a little unusual in my limited experience, but nice.

I took one of my new portraits, Uncle Dave, to enter into the show. We could enter two pieces so as I looked at my work my eye fell on the portrait of my granddaughter, Sydney. As an after thought I decided to take it in as well. Uncle Dave was rejected and Sydney was accepted. We never know, do we?

No comments:

Post a Comment