Thursday, April 8, 2010

Work continues on my Landscape

I have tried for about a week, off and on, to make a face of Sydney with the method I've been using on my portraits. I finally came to the conclusion that the photo just wasn't clear enough. By the time I cropped her head to make my posterization I lost to much detail. I cut out a couple of fabrics and wasn't satisfied.

Finally yesterday when I went to my studio, I came to the conclusion that I was going to have to "try" to paint her face. I got out my new Inktense watercolor pencils and gave it a try. I'm not totally satisfied, I think she looks older than she should, but it does favor her.

The process I used to assemble Sydney is posted below.

No comments:

Post a Comment