Friday, April 9, 2010

Work continues on my Landscape/portrait





I still have lots of work to do on the landscape part of this quilt. I am building it as a sample for my class at J.C. Campbell April 24. I ran out of Super Sulky, the product I was using to make the the pine boughs for my trees, so I decided to start on the portrait.

I have enjoyed making the portrait and clothing this week. It is so stimulating for me to see a piece come together as this one is. Can you imagine getting a kick out of building clothing? When I am in this process I am on a creative high. I love what I'm doing.

The jacket and hands were my project for today and it took almost all day to complete them. Photos are in the next post with the progression of the jacket and hand.

Hope you enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Marilyn is the child your grandbaby? Can't wait to see the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, this is Sydney they live in CA. so we only see them about twice a year. Thanks for your comment

    ReplyDelete