Thursday, April 26, 2012

The Stripper



When I finished for the day yesterday, I knew I needed to make some changes in the piece I had been working on..  One thing that bothered me was the flower in the background.  This morning when I went down to work, I removed the stem and cut it down.  It still bothered me.  Then my husband walked into my studio and said, "why do you have the flower in the background?"  Why indeed.  I like this much better.  Sometimes my hubby knows what he's talking about.


  I have started painting the Caterpillar to the left.   The one to the bottom is finished.


This is the photograph I've been working from.  I took this photo years ago and it was published as the back flap in Sandlapper Magazine.   I'm slowly learning the new system Blogger has put up.  I think it will be better but it's a pain right now.  More to come.

2 comments:

  1. Love it, the background fabric is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rhoda, as I said yesterday there are three more to come and I was able to use one piece of hand dyed fabric for all four panels.

    ReplyDelete