Saturday, April 28, 2012

The Stripper - Part II

I've started working on the second of four panels that will make up my new piece titled The Stripper.

This piece isn't finished yet but I think you can get the idea.  I chose a piece of black mottled fabric to make the base of my cocoon.  I then cut out shapes of orange to begin making the wings.  I added some black with white dots, a little gold lame and a little color pencil. Over that I fused a piece of organza with a little glimmer and a piece of white tulle.    I think thread will add another dimension.

The leaf has quit a bit of work to be done, I need to get that bend so the leaf doesn't look flat.  I think I can do that with thread as well.

I'm really enjoying working on this and hope to get to part three tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment