Friday, July 8, 2011

Whitewater Rafting Bull Sluice on the Chattooga


I don't often blog about family things but I did something today that I wouldn't have believed doing in a million years. I went whitewater rafting down the Chattooga River (Think Deliverance). After heavy rains upstream last night we went down, what our guide said were, class 5 rapids.



Bull Sluice is well known in our area because it's a short distance from a main highway. Lots of people hike up to the bottom of the sluice to watch crazy people go over.

We were some of those crazy people. We have two our our granddaughters visiting from Mt. Pleasant and a friend each. Nana and Papa wanted to entertain them. So crazy that we are, we took them whitewater rafting.

The only people you can see here is our guide, John, who is my new hero, myself, with an unadulterated look of fear on my face and my husband Kermit.

My hero is keeping me in the raft.
The only people seen here are two of the girls and John. At that point I'm under water, but still in the raft.
.

Time out for a group shot.

And we are on our way for more rafting. Fun? Yes, but I don't think I want to do Bull Sluice again.

1 comment:

  1. If you are wondering where to take your family this summer or how to spend your spring break, whitewater rafting may just be an ideal vacation that will provide escape and rejuvenation for even the most reluctant adventurer.

    rafting the grand canyon

    ReplyDelete