Friday, July 1, 2011

Machine Quilting Connor and Computer Virus

I've been away this week because my laptop computer acquired an expensive virus. It makes me really angry that I have to pay someone to get rid or a virus that I had nothing to do with. The computer geek had to delete all my programs, but luckily he could save my files. Oh well, I'm up and happy now.

I have been working this week on the machine quilting of the portrait I made of my grandson Connor.

If you read my blog often enough you will know that this is not my favorite part of the process of making a piece of fiber art. Well, I surprised myself by enjoying quilting Connor's face.

I prepared to quilt by taking a photograph of Connor's fabric face and printing it on paper. I also laid the original photograph of Connor beside the fabric face. I used the printed copy to draw a design on so I would know what I wanted to do.

One of the problems I have with machine quilting is getting to a section and not knowing where to go next. By using the photo to sketch on it gave me a much better idea of where to go and how to get there. It's actually like drawing.

Tomorrow More quilting.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Marilyn, To get rid of your computer woes, you should be using an Apple Computer. I have used Apples since 1984 and have yet to get a virus!!! NO virus program needed either!!! Keep up the great quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marilyn,
    That is a great way to continue with the quilting! I too come to places on my work and wonder where to go from there, but do study the photos and proceed. I usually take a break and think about it too.
    Nice job, beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments. I just purchased this laptop last Feb. Wish I had purchased an Apple, right now can't do that.

    ReplyDelete