Monday, June 13, 2011

Working on Connor's portrait again


After my mad obsession of eight days working on Connor's portrait I put it aside for a few weeks. It's time to get him out and hopefully get it finished soon. Something was wrong with the portrait and I felt sure it was the eyes.

This is the photograph taken this past Summer when we took our family to Costa Rica.

After studying the photo for a while I realized that his eye lid was covering a little of his eye and that it actually looked like a little bit of skin over the eye lash.
I think I have it right now. It looks much better to me.
You might notice that I changed the green background as well. I wasn't real happy with my first choice and I really like the new one much better.


A closeup of his eye in the photo.
I think that when I get the thread painting done along with perhaps a touch of paint that the eyes will be just as I want them to be.

1 comment: