Friday, January 22, 2010

Hoity-Toity Houses

Mary Lou Weidman standing by some of her block examples.

Yesterday my friend, Ann and I drove to J C Campbell Folk School to see Mary Lou. We both took Mary Lou's class in story quilts last year at Campbell. After the class was over Mary Lou came home with me to do a program and workshop for our guild in Seneca, SC.

Ann and I took her to Mary Jo's Fabric Shop in Gastonia, NC where she purchased lots of fabric that she had to ship back to Oregon. We became good friends so I wanted to take the opportunity to see her while she was close. I took my anniversary quilt as I need some help from Mary Lou on a few problems I am having. Hope to get those taken care of today.

We also had lunch with Pat Meinecke who is the quilter in residence at Campbell. I will be teaching two new classes next year at Campbell and I wanted to show her a few samples.

Back to Mary Lou's class. She is teaching a class titled Hoity-Toity Houses and the students were coming up with some really cute designs. As with all of Mary Lou's classes these are story quilts. Obviously since Mary Lou was teaching I couldn't go around and learn all the stories, but I did learn a few. There were two students who where in the class I took last year and it was good to see them again. Below are photos of the quilts in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment