Sunday, January 17, 2010

At Those Portraits Again

The design wall in my studio

I've been working on those portraits again this week and I am having so much fun. Below are three portraits, actually four that I've worked on this past week. The portrait of Gus I did twice. I was having trouble getting his eyes placed correctly and I think the loose weave fabric was a major problem. The fabric was actually shredding on the small pieces. I decided to start over and do it in a different fabric. Much better.

I also did a piece of my granddaughter, Hannah, in pink gradations. You will see my comments on the problems I experienced with that one below.

Another piece of granddaughter, Ellington needed a lot of work but I'm happy with the results. Again I talk about the problems in that post.

I'm preparing to start the Photo Shop work on several others tonight so will have more later.

2 comments:

  1. They look fabulous! I got my DVD the other day and will start one when I come back from my trip at the end of the month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been enjoying your portraits! Please keep posting about them on QuiltArt to give me a nudge to look. I am especially fond of "Indiana Gus" on the second try. Great work!

    ReplyDelete