Saturday, January 16, 2010

Being Thankful

The earthquake in Haiti is so devastating that it boggles the mind. We have a family living in CA. in the earthquake belt and know that this could have happened in the US.

I belong to a group called Art Digest on line and Haiti has been a topic this week. Someone posted about a quilt she had made after seeing a photo and article on CBS News. Her quilt is called "Mud Cookies" and I wish I could remember her name and link to the quilt. However, she posted the site of the news article and it made such an impression on me that I want to share it with you.

www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/01/30/world/main3768430.shtml

I hope that you can access this because it is a compelling story. It was written in 2008 and the conditions were such that people were having to eat mud cookies to fill their stomach. Can you image what it is like now? I hope you will dig deep into your pockets and donate to an organization where the money will do the most good.

After witnessing this tragedy I was jarred into remembering how much I have to be thankful for. I had a return call for a mammogram, that is always frightening, but it turned out OK. When you have a little scare like this and witness the devastation in Haiti it makes you more aware of being thankful and grateful for everyday. We should live life to its fullest everyone minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment