Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Anniversary Quilt



This year is my husband and my fifty year anniversary. I decided about a year and a half ago that I was going to make a story quilt commentating this occasion. I am going to be posting off and on about the progress of this quilt.

Last January I went to J C Campbell Folk School and took a class from Mary Lou Weidman. For those of you who do not know Mary Lou she is the maker of folk art story quilts. You can check her blog located to the right of this article.

I went with a preconceived idea of what I wanted to make for the boarder as that is where Mary Lou starts her quilts. I wanted to use family photographs printed on fabric for the center of whacky log cabin blocks.

This photograph shows many of the photos laid out on my cutting table.

No comments:

Post a Comment