Tuesday, November 17, 2009

My Exhibit at The Art's Company


This is the wall you see when you enter the gallery at The Art's Company. Warren Carpenter, the owner and I hung my show today. I'm really pleased with the way everything looked together. The opening for the show is Friday night, Nov. 20, from 5:30 to 8:30. As the week progresses I will add more photographs of the exhibit. My husband will be taking photos the night of the opening and I will post those later as well.

This wall shows several of my portraits. The piece to the far left is titled "Nope He's not in There". The photo I worked from was taken by Logan's Mother. She now owns this quilt and allowed me to show it in my exhibit. The two similar quilts are of my granddaughter, Hannah. I made the larger quilt from a photo I took of her at the beach. I made this quilt for my daughter, Lorin and her husband Trent for Christmas several years ago. I missed the quilt so much that I decided to make a "Mini Hannah". The other quilt will get more space to itself later.

That's all for today, hope to add more tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on what looks like a wonderful show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your solo show! Looks great and I look forward to more pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! It's a marvelous show -- thanks for sharing it! And you're right -- under gallery lights, the crocheted butterflies look really good.

    ReplyDelete