Monday, November 30, 2009

The Making of my Folk Art Piece



I decided that I would use big stitch and echo around the clouds for quilting the bottom half. This thread was hand dyed. I wanted to quilt stars in the top part of the quilt and used silver thread. This thread came on a cardboard with several other threads, don't know who made it. I found it difficult to work with it as it shredded easily. I had a limited amount of this thread and used every little bit.

I wanted the clouds and wings to stand out from the background so did not quilt inside of them. I hope that they do not start to sag. Would like to know how to quilt in the lettering part without distracting from the letters.

This was my first painted folk art piece. I am by no means an expert. I had problems that I would love to work out. I would also like to know more, much more about the technical aspects of this technique. Hopefully I can do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment