Thursday, November 26, 2009

Introducing Judy Heyward

A close-up of some of Judy's beautiful work.

Focus Art Quilt Group recently invited Judy Heyward to join us as a member. Judy and I met several years ago at QSC, Quilter's of SC, our state guild. My first memory of Judy's work came through a quilt she designed and, I think, made for the Charleston Guild as their raffle quilt for a show several years ago. We were at QSC Fall Retreat and I went into one of the class rooms where they had the quilt displayed. It wasn't even quilted yet but I was so taken with the design, the color, everything about the quilt. I asked if they were selling tickets yet and the answer was yes. Unfortunately I didn't win the quilt but for Judy this quilt was a turning point in her quilting career.

Judy recently move from the Charleston, SC area to Hendersonville, NC. That puts her closer to Focuses neck of the woods and we are excited to have her a a new member. Judy is a quilt teacher and a very good one, if you get a chance to take one of her classes, do.

Judy presently has a show at the NC Arboretum in Asheville NC. I haven't been able to get there yet but from the photos on Judy's blog it looks great. You can reach Judy at her web site www.judithheyward.com or read her blog at judithheyward.blogspot.com.

I hope you enjoy the photos of just a little of her work. Welcome to Focus Judy!

No comments:

Post a Comment