Monday, June 29, 2009

New Work Shadows

Today has been really productive for me. I've been working on a large piece and I told myself that I couldn't work on anything else until I got it to a certain point. Well, I finally got to that point. I've had several ideas rolling around in my head for a few weeks just waiting to get out.

In Feb. my husband and I went to California to visit our son's family. One day we went to Oceanside to visit the museum where the "Visions Quilt Show" was on exhibit. Afterword we walked out to the end of the pier and had lunch at a little diner. On our way back down the pier I notice the neat shadows of my husband and myself. I loved the photo and used it to make a journal quilt. I still wanted to do something else with the image so I started playing with it today. This is the results. Still have lots to do but I'm liking it.

1 comment:

  1. This piece has a lovely ethereal quality. You have some very nice hand dyes on previous posts.

    ReplyDelete