Monday, June 29, 2009

Bird Tree beginning of New Work

When I was in Paducah at the AQS show in April I purchased this piece of fabric. When I saw if another woman was looking at it very seriously. I kept standing there nonchalantly looking at other pieces and saying over and over to myself, "don't buy it, don't buy it". Well, after a while she laid it down and I pounced on the fabric. I knew there was something special to do with this marbled piece of fabric. Last month I was at my Focus Art Group meeting and showed the piece to my group. I had some ideas and they shared some ideas. The ideas have been rolling around in my head for a few weeks and this is what I came up with. The birds are cut out of paper but I plan to stylize the birds with minimal detail. Can't wait to work on it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment