Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Bonnie Ouellette

Bonnie Ouellette was the guest speaker at Lake and Mountain Quilt Guild in Seneca, SC Monday night. I've been trying to come up with a description of Bonnie and that's kind of tough. First I thought, witty, but that doesn't quite do it. Then I thought, a character, well almost. Then I thought, pure and simply FUNNY. Actually, Bonnie is all of the above but more than that Bonnie is a talented quilt artist.

As Bonnie told us Monday night she doesn't plan her programs, her children, her quilts or her life. Maybe not but she always does such a great job just improvising.

If you ever have a chance invite Bonnie to give a lecture, well maybe not a lecture, just invite her to do her thing. I promise you won't be disappointed.

A lot of Bonnie's quilts come about by what she described as Momisms. That's were the quilt below Fiber McGee Closet came from. I wonder where Wart's Happy Nun? came from. I hope you enjoy the quilt show below but it would be much funnier if Bonnie were telling you about it.

One more thing look for Bonnie's quilt Tina in this issue of Quilting Arts Magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment