Friday, June 12, 2009

A Happy Garden

This is the view you see as you come into the gate of our front yard. We have a very shady lot so most of our flowers have to be shade hardy. Obviously, we have lots of hydrangeas and hostas. I feel blessed that we do have the shade because hydrangeas just happen to be my favorite shrub in the world.

My Husband is a volunteer at the SC Botanical Garden in Clemson. He is the volunteer in charge of keeping the hydrangea garden in good shape. The garden has provided him with the opportunity to learn about the plants that he and I enjoy so much. This year our garden is the happiest it's been since we planted it. It's had lots of rain, something that's been missing in the past four years. Hope you enjoy the tour of my front garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment