Monday, January 30, 2012

I Had So Much Fun Today

I've been at my Mother-In-Laws for a week with no Internet access. Thus the reason for no post last week.


This is Hannah one of four beautiful granddaughters. I've decided that I want to try my hand at thread-painting faces. I've done quite a bit of thread-painting but never a face. My interest in creating portraits has lead me to try many different techniques.


This portrait of Barefoot Jackie is made with a four-layer method. I create a pattern on PSE and go from there. I teach this in my Fabricating Faces class.


This portrait was made with a totally different method. I also created the pattern in PSE. This uses eight values of fabric and is constructed with a different technique. I teach this in my Personal Places: Portraits in the Landscape.


I'm working on quilting another piece but I can only spend so much time in a day quilting or I go mad. I know that quilting is part of the creative process of making a quilt. However, I don't get the same creative high when I'm doing that process.

So this afternoon I decided that it was time to create a portrait in thread. Don't ask me what the difference is but in my mind I am creating when I thread-paint but not when I am quilting. I'm very excited about what I've done so far but tomorrow morning I go back to the quilting and then thread-painting in the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment