Saturday, January 14, 2012

January HiFiber Meeting


HiFiber met Thursday afternoon and the technique for the month was Notans. Ann Hanewald presented the program and we had so much fun cutting up paper.

Notan is a Japanese design concept involving the play and placement of light and dark as they are placed next to the other in art and imagery.

This photo show Beatrix, Penny and Diane cutting their design. As you can see the paper is folded into four sections. It can be folded on the grain or on the bias.

I think this one was by Shirley W. As usual I thought I would remember who did what, but.........


While you can draw your design and then cut it out. I found it more fun and came up with what I thought were better designs by just cutting. I just realized I didn't take a photo of my most successful one. Maybe I'll post it when I make it into a wall hanging.




A fun afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment