Friday, June 11, 2010

What's on my design wall?



I started working on this piece back in April before I went to J C Campbell Folk School to teach. I wanted to show my students a work in progress and how I get from beginning to end.

You will see a painted face up above the large piece, it's the first one I tried. Mind you I'm not exactly what one would call a painter, but if I can see something I can usually get a good likeness. Sydney's chin is lifted up and it's difficult to see where her chin ends and her neck begins. That presents a problem for me, I can't see it well enough to get it correct. I don't have her eyes right either. The second face, the one on the large piece, is better but still not there.

I have been very busy with teaching, etc. and haven't been able to get back to this piece. This coming week I am going to J. C. Campbell as a student. I am taking a class in drawing so hopefully I will be able to do a better job when I get back to my studio.

The flower is a demo I started in my class in April and I haven't done anything with it either.

The portrait is one of three I have done of the same person. More on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment