Tuesday, June 8, 2010

NCQS



This past weekend I attended classes at the North Carolina Quilt Symposium held in Charlotte. The symposium was housed at Johnson Wales University. The facility was good for such a program and worked quite well. Our dorm room's floor was quite dirty and my roommate woke up each morning wheezing because of the dust. The only other complaint I had was paper plates and plastic silverware. Really would have like to had the real stuff.

Now that, that's off my chest I would really like to say what wonderful teachers the symposium offers each year. Velda Newman has been "my quilt hero" for years. I was so excited when I saw she was going to be in Charlotte. I got my registration forms in early and was able to get the classes I wanted.

Velda did not let me down. She worked our butt off and by four o'clock I was an exhausted but happy camper. I always marvel when I meet a quilter of Velda's caliber. For some reason I expect them to act like they are better than I am and I am always proven wrong. Velda was so down to earth, friendly and giving and I learned so much from her.

During the class we painted six petals to make a tulip, three apples in different colors, a sea shell, a fish body, and a peach. FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment