Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Exhibit by Beth Andrews



I would like to introduce Beth Andrews. I met Beth through the Quilter's of South Carolina Quilt Guild. She was a student in one of my classes a few years ago. Beth's first one woman show opened at The Arts Company in Seneca, SC, May 21 and continues until July 13.

I found the title of Beth's exhibit "Listening with my Eyes" to be an odd choice until I read her artist statement.

Beth says, "I received advice that has served me well: listen to the quilt, and it will tell you what it needs. I often have several pieces in progress on my design wall. Over time, they reveal themselves...if I listen with my eyes".


Beth's family was filled with needleworkers and painters so when a friend introduced her to quilting in 1999 it only seemed natural that Beth would gravitate toward art quilting.

I hope you enjoy her show.

No comments:

Post a Comment