Thursday, June 10, 2010

NCQS Continued



On Saturday I took Terry White's class on thread painting. We worked on one of Terry's patterns, Coleus. Terry, had created this pattern in a much larger scale to depict her son's big feet. Well, you just have to meet Terry to understand this, she said something about him not wanting to be a fairy so she made him a Coleus.

Terry is very funny and she kept us entertained as well as teaching us her method of thread painting. I considered this class to be one of the better I've ever taken.

I used YLI 100% cotton variegated thread on this project. This is the first time I've used the variegated cotton and found it to work quite well for this piece. As I worked on the piece I discovered that I could work in a specific area to get pools of solid color and then move on as the thread color changed. I also found that I liked the look of the thread when I went in a vertical rather than horizontal stitch line.

This is my piece so you may be able to see what I am talking about with this photo. Terry has a book out, well actually she has several books, titled "Thread Painting made easy" published by AQS.

A Fun Class!

1 comment:

  1. Great! and thank you for sharing... thank you for posting that you have new work.
    Looks like a fun place to take a class.. sigh

    ReplyDelete