Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Working in the Studio

I've been really busy for the past week doing a lot of work at the sewing machine.  I've finished the quilting of my new piece, it was quite tedious work and I am in need of a neck and shoulder massage. 






















I know the reason my muscles react when I do this kind of work is tension.  I try to relax but it just doesn't happen.  In spite of the sore neck and headaches I'm really excited about this piece.  Can't wait share the whole picture.

I also finished quilting Sanctuary and when I get a decent photo of it will post it in it's finished state.  I've also been working on The Stripper.  I have a really funny story about this piece, well not to me, but to my son.  When I get it finished and photographed I will post that story as well.

My friend Ann and I are going to The Pickens County Museum of Art and History on Thursday to see a one-man show titled Selvage: New Works by Jim Arendt.  I saw two of his pieces in the juried show last year and they really spoke to me.  I hope to get permission to post photos and share the exhibit on my blog. 


No comments:

Post a Comment