Sunday, July 1, 2012

Believe it or Not

What little time I've had recently to work in my studio has been spent on quilting.  If you read my blog you, no doubt you know that this is not my favorite part of the process.

Well believe it or not I enjoyed myself today.  I'm working on a piece that I haven't posted on this blog  yet because I plan on entering it in Quilt National.  Yes, I am going to take the big step.  I may get rejected but I'll never know unless I try. 

One of the issues I'm dealing with today is how to make the white fog/mist look as if it's coming out of the light behind the figure.

I  am also trying to decide what kind of thread to use to best represent the mood I want to depict.   Perhaps Sliver, or a glossy white.  It will be a while before I can share the whole piece but I will keep you posted on its progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment