Saturday, March 6, 2010

"500 Art Quilts"


After I finished "A Touch of Red" I decided that I wanted to go back into my box and recreate the same design/pattern in my usual bright fabric colors. While the Oriental lilies in my garden are pink I decided to use an orange/blue palate of colors.

After I finished the lily, I create my flower first off of the background, I couldn't find a piece of fabric large enough to accomplish what I wanted to do. I didn't want a background with straight seams. The solution for this was to cut my fabrics into gentle curves and piece the background. Obviously, when you mess with curves the fabric sometimes ends up on the bias. I had a hard time getting this thing square. I had to remove the binding several times but it now hangs square.

My good friend and fellow quilter, Diana Pickens also machine quilted this for me. This quilt was accepted at both IQA, Houston, TX and AQS, Paducah, Ky.

No comments:

Post a Comment