Sunday, November 18, 2012

Cataract Surgery Goes Great

I had no idea that the colors I was seeing were not correct until after my surgery on Thursday.  I had the cataract on my right eye removed and a lens inserted that will allow me to see distance, in-between and up-close all in one.

My vision is still a little cloudy but today it appears that the right eye is becoming dominate and my overall vision is better.  I am having the left eye done on Nov. 27, then I will have all new vision.

It's been amazing to look outside at the Autumn leaves that are still around.  I close my right eye and everything has a very yellow/gold look.  This I thought was normal.  I then close my left eye and see the bright natural colors.  It's amazing.

I think I had forgotten how white, white can be.  I need to get out a few of my newer fiber art pieces to look at them with new eyes.  I may have some surprises as I view them with new eyes.

2 comments:

  1. so glad all went well and your blessed with true sight again - hoping for a quick recovery and the second goes just as well as the first!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nina Marie it is truly an amazing procedure. No swelling no red eyes no pain.

      Delete