Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Focus Art Group May Meeting

I've finally gotten around to posting about my fiber art's group May meeting.  There has been lots of family things that have been occupying me recently and my mind is on many things.  I've come to realize that I just can't multitask any more.

I've also been doing a bit of procrastinating.  I need to do the quilting on several pieces to get them finished.  I'm having a bit of machine problems so I'm moving from one project to the other.  Soooo
I decided to stop working and do a little computer work.


Dillman Sorrells is a new member of Focus.  She told us when she first joined the group that she had been heavy into making wearable art.  However, she had sworn off buying anymore patterns.  Well....she saw this pattern and just had to try it out.  It turned out lovely,


Dillman also brought this abstract piece and this cute spider piece that she's been working on.  The meeting was almost a month ago so that's about all I can remember about this piece.  I apologize to my fellow members.



Since I've mentioned Jane Hall here I might as well insert this photo I took Sunday when the Focus group took Jane and Dixie to lunch.  Diana Pickens wanted Jane to feel special so she had this sign made for her.
Ellen Linder taught two classes at LMQG last month.  Donna Barnhill who is our 2nd. VP and in charge of workshops made this abstract during the class.  Ronette Askew, gave Donna this piece of fabric and look what that good deed got Ronette.



Donna had to be real stingy to get enough fabric for both pieces.  She even had to go in behind some of the pieces of fabric on the first piece.  Lucky Ronette. This quilt was made by Janet Ginn for a lucky granddaughter who just graduated from High School

Marge Edie is going to be teaching Bas Relief (I think that's what it's called) and this is an in progress piece.   The lucky members of HiFiber will learn this process this month.


These two scarves were made by Donna and Marge.  They learned the process at the last HiFiber meeting.  This is silk tie transfer to a silk scarf.


Sybil Radius made this lovely little piece.  Her quilting is wonderful, I'm envious.



Veronica Moriarty brought this piece.  I love it, and one of the things I love is the the uneven edges.  Veronica is going to give it a go, can't wait to see it finished. 


This piece is also Veronica's.  She used on of Diana's techniques for piecing stripe fabric. 

I believe I remember that veronica told us she has put this piece away and forgot she had it.  Can't you believe that?  She does beautiful needle turn reverse applique.  I'm glad she found and finished this piece.  

Well I hope I haven't forgotten anything, it has been a while.  I did have a few pieces at the meeting as well but, that's in my next post.

1 comment:

  1. Your group is so creative!
    I LOVE the two IAQs Donna created. (But, I'm a bit partial.)

    ReplyDelete