Friday, August 6, 2010

Asheville Quilt Show








Last night the opening of the Asheville Quilt Guild show held at the NC Arboretum in Asheville, NC was held. I had the honor of receiving an honorable mention ribbon for my quilt "Love".

The reception was scheduled to be held outside under a tent. However, the weather did not cooperate and it was held inside. It was crowded but nice. My DH, who was sweet enough to drive with me to the show, and I left to walk over to see the show as soon as the presentations were over. Because of that I missed seeing Judy Simmons, who was a big winner. Judy was presented a judge's choice award by Priscilla Hair along with several other awards. Judy Hayward who was also a big winner, winning best machine quilting as well as other awards. Diana Picken's won an Honorable Mention for her large bed quilt.

I'm proud to say that all of these ladies are now or have been members of my Focus Art Quilt Group. Somehow I missed getting a photo of Judy Simmon's Judge's Choice award and a photo of Veronica Moriarty's quilt which was also in the show.

We had a long drive to get back home and the weather was threatening so I didn't get to spend as much time as I would have liked to see and take photos.

I also posted a quilt by Maggie Hunt who won the first place in The Art Quilt Category. I believe the center of Maggie's piece was painted and pieced around the block.

It's a good show and if you are in the area I would suggest you have a look. The dates are Aug. 6-8

2 comments:

  1. i just love that quilt, seeing it in person is the only way to truly see its beauty. you are simply amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really quite interesting to see. Your posts are all amazing. Thanks for the update.


    world events

    ReplyDelete