Saturday, February 20, 2010

San Diego's treasure: Balboa Park

Yesterday we went to Balboa Park with our son's family. My son is the Director of Research for the California's at the Natural History Museum in Balboa Park and we always like to visit during our trip.

Yesterday we started off at the craft shops. My husband is a wood turner and loves to browse these shops as much as I do. It just so happened that a fiber artist, who dyes silk was there demonstrating. What beautiful work she makes. I then went next door to check out the wood turning and it was amazing as well. A woman who was working there was so warm and friendly. She had brought tangerines in from her garden and gave us a bag. They were fabulous.

We then went to the Conservatory, something my husband and I always enjoy. They seemed to be featuring orchids and what beautiful orchids they were. I've show just a few below but these were many more.

We also visited the Mingei International Museum, more on that later. We head for home tomorrow. Will miss the kids and sunshine and warm weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment