Friday, February 5, 2010

Preparing for a class at J C Campbell Folk School

Gold Finch

When I teach a class, not matter how many times I've taught it, I always start a new project or two just to refresh my memory and perhaps change a thing or two. I will be teaching a weekend class at J. C. Campbell March 12 - 14 titled "Mini Nature Quilts".

In this class we take a photo and transform it into a small fiber art piece. This class is to short to do landscape so we stick to flowers, birds, insects, or other graphic elements.

I have decided to refresh my memory on how to built a bird. I always do these small pieces by building them on an applique sheet. After they are together I place them on a background that I have added other elements, such as a tree limb, etc. or depending on the subject a plain hand dyed background might be best. I will post the progress on this as I continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment