Thursday, February 4, 2010

Portrait of my dear husband

Dear Husband Two

I don't know if there is just so much to learn in making these portraits or that I'm a slow learner. However, every time I make a new one I learn something new. Beside getting the photo shop preparation of the photo done correctly I've found choosing the fabrics to be the hardest part of this process.

I actually made two portraits of my husband. The fabric selections were off in the first one. The lightest one being too light and the darkest too dark. I will post a photo of this one tomorrow, forgot to take one today.

As I make more of these portraits I find little tricks that help the portrait to look more realistic and am trying to get these tips accumulated as I go.

You may be getting tired of my portrait post but I am having a blast making these so hang on for more.

2 comments:

  1. Marilyn, I'm enjoying these portraits so much...each one is better-er and better-er....you need to put this on your list of workshops that you offer....Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Judy. I am working on setting up a workshop for these portraits. In fact I am scheduled to teach this at Campbell in 2011.

    ReplyDelete