Friday, March 13, 2009

Quilt Art Digest



Today Katy, a member of Quilt Art Digest asked members to post what was on their design wall today. My photo actually show three pieces. The face of the little girl is the piece that has been keeping me awake at night as well as not productive.

The small yellow iris was done for a demo at my gallery opening in Sautee, GA. I still have to paint, thread paint and quilt that piece.

The other iris is what I worked on today. I had been working with another iris pattern with these same pieces of fabric but wasn't happy with it. When I looked at the yellow iris yesterday I decided it was the pattern I didn't like. Sooo- today I changed the pattern and it went together like butter.

For those of you who don't know my work I will explain my process. I use my own photos or photos I have gotten permission to use. I make my patterns using the photos. After the fabric is cut and fused together I then paint to highlight the image. Sometimes I thread paint before I put the layers together. Other times I quilt heavily. I'm ready to put the paint on these next.

The background may not be the one I use. You might notice there are three or four pieces behind the blue. Hope you enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing Marylin! These are lovely pieces! The face is realy something.....there is a haunting beauty here. I am anxious to see what will become of her!

    ReplyDelete