Sunday, March 1, 2009

Fiber Arts opening

Marilyn Wall and Martine House stand by pieces of their art work at the opening Saturday evening at the Center Gallery in Sautee Nacoochee, GA.

Martine, myself and my husband were guest of Lynda and Ted Doll. Lynda and Ted made us feel so much at home. They have a wonderful place in the Georgia mountains and I look forward to going back sometime when everything is green. Lynda is an avid gardener and even during gloomy, rainy days her love of the land shows through.

Sautee, GA has an avid, supportive art's community. The North Georgia Potter Museum is located there, what a treasure. Martine, Myself and my husband arrived on Thursday in time for the show to be hung. On Friday Martine presented a workshop to the Fiber Soup Group, I was lucky enough to be invited. If you aren't familiar with Martine's work check out her blog at, www.housefiber.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment