Thursday, March 26, 2009

Frustrating Day


I've been working on a journal quilt today, I actually started it yesterday by printing on organza. After I got the background finished I decided that I was going to put Misty Fuse behind the organza just to make sure it didn't move when I sewed it down. I fused the wrong side. Now this might not make a difference in some photos, you could just transpose the image. But because this one had the lines of the wood planks going through the shadow the lines had to match the background lines. Frustration! I had to print the shadow again. Just a minor set back, hope to get it done tomorrow. After I get this finished I will show the finished piece beside the photo.

A short description of how I print on organza. I soak the fabric in Bubble Jet and lay it flat to dry. I then iron it onto freezer paper cut to fit my printer. I cover the edges of the fabric and paper with painters tape so no threads or lint come loose in my printer. Its ready to print.

No comments:

Post a Comment