Saturday, October 15, 2011

Oct. Focus Meeting

This has been one busy week with meetings, appointments and one fun day with an old friend. It's been so busy that I have ignored my blog.

So, here goes. Focus met this week at Marge Edie's beautiful home. A few members were missing but we were happy to have an old or should I say ex member join us again. Judy Hayward has moved back to our area and is again joining us.

This is "Summer Soiree" which won Best of Show at the Asheville, NC quilt show this month. Judy's quilting in this piece is outstanding. In fact all her work is outstanding. I was able to get some close-ups of a few of the motifs used in this quilt.

This is the center design.
One of Judy's beautiful designs.

Judy also joined the Fast Friday Fabric Challenge this year.

Not bad for a little over a weeks work. Wish I could do my own work faster. Actually that's why I joined FFFC last year hoping to be able to move my process on a littler faster. This month I didn't even try, to much other STUFF going on.

This is a new piece that Judy is working on. She has a series of flower quilts that are titled with "lady" as part of the title. Can't remember what she said the name would be on this one. Sorry Judy, a senior moment.

This color palette is very different for Judy. Can't wait to see it finished.

I can see that I'm not going to get this finished today, too much to say. More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment