Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Working in the Studio Again



I've spent a lot of time working in the studio this week. Worked for six hours on Tuesday and enjoyed every minute. I'm working on two pieces, Uncle Dave and don't really know what I am going to name the piece to the left yet.

I have to look at Uncle Dave for a while before I move on. I am a work-by-the-seat-of-my-pants kind of art quilter. I make decision as I work on the piece often changing my mind. I have an idea of something to do to this piece but it will take a bit of planning. I don't have the time right now to do that so I'm moving on to this other piece.

I took a class at Arrowmont Art and Craft School in July from Pat Mink. Pat taught us a lot of processes on PhotoShop for printing on fabric. I have a piece using this process almost ready to quilt. Just need to sew down some fabric photos and I get to the part that I really HATE, quilting.

Once I get started I'm usually OK and proceed quite well. However, for me starting to quilt a new piece is almost like taking bad tasting medicine. I wish I felt differently and maybe one day I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment