Sunday, July 5, 2009

We are Just Shadow of Ourselves

I finished my new piece today. It's rare that I am able to start a new piece and finish it within the week. This piece just seemed to keep pulling me to my studio until I had it finish. However, I have a problem that I may or may not know how to solve. If you look at the piece up close you can see the white organza around my lettering. I would like to have it blend with the background but not cover up the lettering. I have tried tea and the organza did not absorb it. I have tried the ink stamp "sand" made by Tsukneko. It covers some but not enough. I am concerned about using paint because of bleeding problems. Any one have a suggestion?

1 comment:

  1. How about transfer dyes? Because the Organza is a poly the transfer dye might do the trick. You could control it as well because you'd only be ironing onto a certain area (transfer dyes are painted on paper then ironed onto the fabric). You could just cut a piece of dyed paper the shape you want. I think the dye would be transparant....worth a try.

    ReplyDelete