Friday, July 31, 2009

Folk Art

My friend Ann and I took a detour from I 81 as we traveled from Syracuse, NY to Watkins Glen, NY after our workshop at QBL. I was driving and saw this hugh moose, made out of scrap metal, along the side of the road. As we passed the moose we saw other animals made of scrap. I looked at Ann and said "shall we turn around." Obviously we did.

This folk art gallery is named "Frog Pond" and is located in Little York, NY. We went in and asked the gallery owner if we could take photos and post them on my blog. We chatted for a while and then did a self guided tour. I only scratched the surface in this post of the many pieces around the outside and inside of the gallery. I concentrated on the frog statues in this post. What's a girl go'na do when her husband's name if Kermit.

I hope you enjoy the photos below.

No comments:

Post a Comment