Saturday, March 29, 2014

Busy Week

Before I get into describing my week, I want to toot my horn a little. "Spirit of the Kiva" won a third place at the Smokey mountain Quilt Fest in Pigeon Forge, TN this past week. Totally stoked.


The past three weeks have been very busy in my studio. I have lots to share but I'm traveling this week, so details will have to wait until I have more time. I want to get the photos and words organized in my mind first.

I've made several sample for upcoming workshops. One of these is way out of my comfort zone, but I'm excited about how it turned out. I am also putting the finishing touches on two major pieces, hope to have at least one of those ready to show next week.

I am on my way to the Mancuso Show in Savannah, GA. The SC/GA, Region of SAQA exhibit, "Southern Exposure" is having it's premiere showing this weekend.
I am also delivering a car full of my quilts to a representative of The Southeastern Quilt and Textile Museum. They are headed to Carrollton GA for my solo exhibit titled, Wall Art; a Retrospective. Lots happening in my life right now. Lots more to come.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations of Spirit of Kiva. Well deserved! And very exciting about your solo show. Cool title, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm absolutely and totally blown away.....this piece is a true heirloom......and thank you for the inside scoop on how you created it.

    ReplyDelete