Saturday, January 5, 2013

Word for 2013

Members of the ArtDigest online group have been posting their word for the year.  I've been giving it a lot of thought and think I was struck with the right word last night. 

Last year my word was De-stress and I was quite able to follow it through the year.  I've been sick for the past month and have gotten so behind on everything. While I find it frustrating that I can't do the things I want I am being pretty successful in not stressing over everything.

Last night as I was sipping my Sleepytime tea I decided to make a list of things I need to accomplish when I start feeling better.  I do feel a little better today and decided that I should look at my list and see what little thing I could do to make that list smaller.

I actually crossed off three things today.  So, I decided that my word should be PLAN.  I know from past experience that if I have a plan I get a lot more done.  This means writing down and checking off that plan so that I have a reminder of what I need to do and when.  I often have things in my head that I want to accomplish but those are usually large, time consuming projects.  If I find just a little time and see my list, it reminds me of a smaller project that I might have the time or energy to accomplish. 

So this year my word is PLAN! 

No comments:

Post a Comment