Thursday, January 3, 2013

A New Year

Bunny in Snow

I wanted to fill you in on what's happening at my house.  After three days in and out of the doctor's office this week, I found out that I have bronchitis. I am having IV antibiotics in his office and am hoping that this treatment will end my month of sinus and head problems. (I know, I know, I have always had head problems)

The breathing treatments make my hands shake and I haven't been able to do work in PSE that take a steady hand.  Considering that I don't feel like doing much and deleting and moving doesn't need a steady hand.  I decided to try and clean my computer files up.




 



  Camellias in the Snow

 While doing so I came across some photos that I wanted to share.   These photos were taken in 2010.  We don't often get this kind of snow in SC where we live.  When we do I take advantage of it and take my camera out for a workout.















Pods in the Snow

This is the actual photo I took that day.  It looks as if it's been converted to B & W but it is in color.  I really liked the sculptural  design I saw here.












Pods in Snow II

In this version I went into PSE Enhance and used enhance lighting using the levels tag.











 Pods in the Snow III

This photo was adjusted using the color curve in enhance. Notice that the blue is much lighter and the snow actually looks white.

There are so many things that you can do with PSE and as I mentioned in my last post I am taking on-line classes to learn more about this amazing program. 

I'm working on an exciting piece that takes a bit steadier hand than what I've had for the past few days but I'm hoping to get back to developing the design soon.  Will post my progress.














No comments:

Post a Comment