Sunday, August 30, 2009

New Work



I haven't posted what I've been working on recently even though I spend some time in my studio almost every day. One of the reason is that I have four projects going at once. I keep track of all my projects with my digital camera. As I finish each piece I will post on the whole project. My favorite part of what I do is to bring my design to life. Choosing the fabric, filling it with just the right elements, changing my mind and starting over again. I love this process.

At some point you have to add the final element, quilting. I have four pieces put together now waiting for the quilting. Not my favorite part of the process. I always get into it once I start. However, this sometimes takes weeks and weeks for me to actually start quilting a piece. Since I let that happen I now have four pieces to quilt. I get to a point in my work where I won't give myself permission to start something new until I finish at least a few pieces.

This iris is the first of those pieces and I have described the process I used to come up with the quilting design. I have not finished the background quilting but am hoping it will happen tomorrow.

1 comment: