Monday, August 24, 2009

Meet Diana Pickens

Meet Diana Pickens. Diana is a member of my art quilt group "Focus", she is also a friend. I met Diana through the SC State Quilt Guild when she was the coordinator of the Fall Retreat. Diana's concentration at that time was working on becoming a better machine quilter. I had seen several of her large quilts that she had quilted on a home sewing machine. It blew my mind, it still does.

I was making a commission piece for the SC Botanical Gardens in Clemson, SC. I had just moved, had to wait until the gardens came into bloom to get my inspiration and have it ready by August. I was beginning to panic. I called Diana one day and asked her if she would consider quilting the piece for me. She asked why I had chosen her, my answer was she was the only person I would trust the piece to. She did not let me down.

Since then Diana has become a friend and colleague.

No comments:

Post a Comment