Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A little bit of Folk Art


In January I took a week long class at John C. Campbell Folk School located in Brasstown, NC. The class was taught by Mary Lou Weidman and the subject was Folk Art. If you have looked at my BLOG and web site you know I'm a pretty realistic artist. This class was tough on me until I realized that I should give up any preconceived ideas I had before I went to the class. When I did that I had a great time. Now what does this have to do with the photo to the left? I'm bogged down on whether the perspective on the sofa is correct. I know it isn't but this is Folk Art do I have to have perspective correct? Mary Lou, HELP!

1 comment:

  1. I love your dog on the couch looking out the window! Looks like a fun story quilt. Mary Lou is my quilting hero and has influenced the path of my quilting journey more than anyone else. A 5-day workshop with her sounds fantastic! Have fun and thanks for sharing. Terry in WV
    http://www.terrychilko.com/

    ReplyDelete