Tuesday, April 28, 2009

AQS Show in Paducah, KY

What can I say about the show without having photographs to go along with the words? It was a wonderful show, but not the best I've ever seen. I asked myself and my friend Ann, who was with me, why? I believe Ann can up with the answer. There was nothing different. In the past ten years we have seen quilting change so much that we keep expecting wonderful new innovative techniques. I don't think we've seen the end of these but I do think the process is slowing down.

As always I have favorites that the judges pass over. I try to analyze and look close but I have to wonder why one piece was chosen over another. The judge's job is difficult and I know there are many things they look for that I have no idea about. But to my eyes the "impact" is what makes a piece a winner.

One great thing that came out of taking my husband to the show this year. He now understands why I come back with lots of fabric, tools, etc. There is no place in the world, other than maybe Houston, that you can have all these goodies in one place. That is something he can understand. I'm so glad I took him.

Look below for two photos I am able to post.

More tomorrow on our accommodations, a houseboat.

No comments:

Post a Comment