Moat of my week has been spent manipulating photos and printing the fabric for my upcoming "Fabricating Faces with Thread " class at the NCQS. I enjoy this process but not quite as much as I do creating my own work. Soooo, toward the end of this week I decided that I needed to play just a little.
I've been trying to get the time to create my SAQA donation 12 X12 piece. I already had the background made so worked on thread painting a luna moth to add.
I printed the moth on organza and backed with Misty Fuse, then I triple layered Solvy under that and put it in a hoop. I don't normally use a hoop, but I wanted the thread painted moth to be a thin. The background is all silk and very light so the moth needed to be light as well.
This was my first arrangement using dark limbs entering the piece from the left. I had a meeting of my HiFiber Art Group yesterday and tool this piece to ask for suggestions on improvement. Laurie felt that her eye was pulled first, to the dark limbs and wanted to linger there. Since the Luna Moth was suppose to be the focus, I decided to tray two things, a lighter fabric for the limb and a lower entry of the limb into the image. I believe it works better.
Posted using BlogPress from my iPad