Thursday, April 17, 2014

A Visit to the NeedleChasers Quilt Guild

Last week I had the privilege of presenting a lecture and workshop to the NeedleChasers Quilt Guild of Chevy Chase, MD. This is one busy guild. I always use our local guild, as a measure for guilds I visit. This is the first one that, not only came close, but surpassed our guild. They have a little over fifty members, fifty very active members.

Their biannual guild show is this Fall. The show and boutique provides the funds for programming and workshops for two years. I didn't get photos of the boutique items, but what I saw were wonderful and beautifully made.

If show and tell was any indicator of what will be in the show, I urge you to go. Following are photos of few of the piece that were shown. I apologize for not having names but it just wasn't possible.










































I could post more but I just don't have the space.


While I am always treated well when I visit a guild, the people in this guild went out of the way to entertain and feed me well. I was treated to a trip into DC to view the cherry blossoms. Thanks Jim and Linda.



More to come on the workshop.

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

  1. We sure loved having you! Come back anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. shucks you were so close to me, and I didn't know!!
    LeeAnna Paylor
    lapaylor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete